1. Dear Guest, after 14 years the Kramer Forum has migrated to archive-only mode (no new posts) as of August 2016.
    A heartfelt THANK YOU to all the KF members and brothers over the last decade-plus.
    Find myself and the original KF crew at the Kramer Forum & Friends Facebook Group.

Bequeathed/Gifted 1989 Guild F-50 Blonde

Discussion in 'Other Kool Guitars' started by muttznmongrelz, Aug 1, 2016.

1. muttznmongrelz

muttznmongrelz Kramer Kingpin

I lost a dear friend far too young (66) a week ago after he went through an 11 month battle with Stage IV Cancer in his spleen, lungs, liver, kidneys and brain.

His wife told me he had asked her to let me pick whatever I wanted from his gear. Felt guilty about it but she assured he wanted me to have something. I went down to help her inventory and value his gear today as she asked me to help liquidate it for her so...this is what I selected...

1989 Guild F-50 Blonde:

The Guild F-50 Navarre was made from 1953 until 1990 and then reintroduced in 2003 following the Fender aquistiion of Guild. WIth figured maple sides and back the F-50 was the top of Guild's acoustic flat-top range.

With a 17″ wide lower bout, the F-50 produces an extraordinary amount of volume with the bell-like clarity characteristic of its North American figured maple body. The trademark Guild arched back design combined with elegant cosmetic appointments results in an instrument that is both sonically and visually stunning. The high level of craftsmanship, premium specifications and unique construction truly set this guitar apart from all others.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. KickstartMyHeart

KickstartMyHeart Kramer Kingpin

I´m sorry for your loss, bro. But it was great to let you have something as a memento to a dear friend. Every time you pick it up you´ll be closer to him.

3. muttznmongrelz

Thank you. Yes Sir; I was thinking of him as I tuned it and played it last night.

4. sixstring

sixstring Kramer Kingpin

Sorry to hear.
    Great way to keep him in your thoughts.

5. muttznmongrelz

Thank you. I'm helping his widow liquidate his gear as she is going to sell the house, etc. , in the next year but is just trying to get through 30 years of marriage and memories that remain in a physical form. She's keeping a one of his guitars that he built from scratch and put a lot of time and love into and passing another 1930's Gibson L3 Acoustic onto his estranged son if he wants it, but, truly has no use for the rest of the guitars, amps and recording gear.

I couldn't help looking at the gear in the corner of the living room where I placed it all after I had taken pics for the sales listings I was placing for her and thinking of my friend Steve - how our worldly possessions are such remnants and reflections of who we are/were and where our passions lie. The Guild will certainly remind me of him whenever I look at it or play it.

6. liberty86

liberty86 Kramer Master

sorry to hear of the loss of your friend - he left you a wonderful gift - i'm sure it will give you great inspiration in the years ahead.

7. muttznmongrelz

Thank you. I've been very fortunate with not having suffered the loss of friends/family in my life but, as I get older and so does everyone else, it seems that will become more frequent. I'm certainly introspecting about what it'll be like when I leave this earthly world. It's an eye opening experience for me and has made me think about who will be going through my belongings/life when I'm gone, what items I have amassed that I value and love from a tangible point that will have zero meaning to anyone else, but, that said, when you're facing your last days does anything hold value other than the time you have with the ones you love.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  8. sixstring

sixstring Kramer Kingpin

Well said.

9. muttznmongrelz

Some pics of the "Big Blonde"...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  10. hunter008

hunter008 Kramer Kingpin

Wow.what a story. And yes it does make you think about your own life.
    very cool of your friend. And sorry you had to lose him.